Help in the Community
LewishamLocal are coordinating all the support and volunteering efforts within the London Borough of Lewisham during the Covid-19 crisis. The follow information is available on their website, which is updated regularly as new services become available.
- Food Banks, Community Stores & Fridges
- Health Tips and Information
- Homeless services and council housing advice
- Advice on shielding the most vulnerable people
- Advice and guidance for carers
- Mental health advice
- Health routine advice
- Advice on dealing with grieving
- Physical activity advice
- Advice on where to get free food and meals
- Support form for vulnerable people
Please continue to use email or leave messages on the office answer phone if you need to contact LPForum. The staff will be working from home for the foreseeable future with only occasional visits to the office so it could be a week or more before you have a response.
More up-to-date information will be posted on our Twitter feed at twitter.com/lpforum.
Bring and Share – cancelled
The 2nd Monday of the month. Next bring-and-share is on February 10th, at 12:30 pm. at St Mauritius House.
To take part, please buy £1 worth of fruit or vegetables from the market. Together we share recipes for the foods brought and, at the end of the session, share out the food so that everyone gets a little. Please bring a few extra plastic bags to carry your food home.
LPF Monday Project – cancelled
The Monday project is held at:
St Mauritius House,
65-67 Lewisham Park,
Every Monday 10.30am – 3pm
£1.00 per session for Forum Members
Tea, coffee and cake also available
Nearest bus stop is the Lewisham Park bus stop near Lewisham Hospital A&E Department. St Mauritus House is about 100 yards along Lewisham Park, on the left, a red and yellow brick building.
Morning Activities – £1.00: 10:30 AM – 1 PM
- Knit & Natter, plus crotchet and wool craft
- Tessellated Art & Colouring for Adults
- Jig-saw Puzzles & Games: brush up those old skills –
Scrabble, dominoes, backgammon
or learn new ones like Mahjong
- Friendship Quilt making
Morning Music Session – 50p – 11:00 AM to 12:00 noon
“Learn the Ukulele” Bring your own ukulele or use one of ours. Progress from complete beginner to playing simple tunes within a few weeks. Or bring any instrument that has been gathering dust. This is a fun session and singers always welcome.
Healthy Walk – free – 12:00 noon
Part of Lewisham’s Healthy Walk programme, lead by trained walk leaders. A gentle, level 10 to 30 minute walk in the local area. Walk for as long as you like before returning to St Mauritus House for refreshments and a chat. The walk is open to all, no charge.
Afternoon Activities – £1.00, until 3:00 PM
Need help with budgeting?
Pop into the Monday Project for a round table chat about budget planning, 2nd Monday of the month: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Next event 12th November
- Continuation of morning arts, crafts and games
- Digital Drop-in: want guidane using your SmartPhone, tablet, digital camera or other bit of techy kit? Come along to our “help table” and CatBytes buddies will try to assist.
- Budgeting roundtable chat – see above for next date. 2nd Monday of the month
Chair Exercises – Seated Yoga – cancelled
Every Thursday from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in St Mauritius House – and tell your friends. Funded by Hyde until end of August 2018. (New grant under application)